Degrees and Recognition
The University of ARTemisia offers recognition for students as well as for teachers
There are 3 levels of recognition within the University of ARTemisia for students of the Colleges.
- A Lector of the University is one that achieves a Degree of Sciences. The Degree of Sciences involves the completion of ten credits in four of the five following Colleges:
- Hard Sciences,
- Apothecary & Culinary Sciences
- Military Sciences
- A Prior of the University is one that achieves a Degree of Arts. The Degree of Arts involves completion of ten credits in four of the five following Colleges:
- Heraldic Arts
- Non-Textile Arts
- Performing Arts
- Textile Arts
- Visual Arts
- A Philosopher of the University is on that completes ten credits in each of the ten Colleges of the University.
- A Fellow of the University is a teacher that teaches three credits of classes in each of three separate Colleges, recognized with a Fellowship.
- A Senior Fellow of the University is a teacher that teaches three credits of classes in each of six separate Colleges, recognized with a Senior Fellowship.
- A Fellow Emeritus of the University is a teacher that teaches three credits of classes for each of ten separate Colleges, recognized with an Emeritus Fellowship.
Teachers of the University who receive Fellowships may attach tassels of the colors of the Colleges in which they received their Fellowship to their University badge.
Badges of the University
- The badge of the University of ARTemisia is: Sable, on a pile Or, a lantern sable paned Or. Students of the University may wear this badge signifying their participation in the University.
- For every college completed (with 10 total hours in that college), a braid in the colors of the appropriate College may be displayed on the badge. A badge included with the University badge shows recognition of degrees.
- A degree of Sciences allows the Lector to display a badge, Sable, on a pile Or, a pair of calipers sable.
- A degree of Arts allows the Prior to display a badge, Sable, on a pile Or, a harp sable.
- Philosophers of the University may wear both badges displayed impaled.
- The Chancellor of the University may display the badges of the Degree of Sciences and the Degree of Arts quarterly with the badge of the University.